Distributions from the Fund have tax benefits which results in higher after-tax cash flow than if the income had been earned as interest income.
It is expected that distributions to unitholders will primarily be characterized as combination of capital gains and return of capital, but may also include ordinary dividends.
The actual breakdown of distributions for tax purposes will be provided to unitholders annually in March. This information will also be posted on the website as soon as it is available.
This information is of a general nature only and does not constitute legal or tax advice to any particular investor. Accordingly, prospective investors are advised to consult their own tax advisors with respect to their individual circumstances.
Investors may elect to automatically reinvest their distributions in additional units of the Fund and realize the benefits of compound growth. Any units acquired pursuant to the distribution reinvestment program qualify for the service fee. DRIP Plan
The following information is applicable to holders who, for the purposes of the Income Tax Act (Canada), are resident in Canada and hold trust units as capital property. If this is not the case, a tax advisor should be consulted.
Holders of trust units outside of a RRSP, DPSP, RRIF, RESP or TFSA should expect to receive a T3 slip from their investment dealer. T3 supplementary slips will indicate Investment Income in Box 26, Foreign Non-Business Income in Box 25, Capital Gains in Box 21 and Dividend Income in Box 23 and Box 49. Dividend income is subject to the standard gross up and federal dividend tax credit rules.
The return of capital component is a non-taxable amount that serves to reduce the adjusted cost base of the Fund units and is reported in Box 42.
Date Other Taxable
Income Foreign Non-
Business Income Foreign Non-
Business Income Tax Paid Capital
Gains Return of
- Jan 31, 2017Feb 14, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Feb 28, 2017Mar 14, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Mar 31, 2017Apr 17, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Apr 28, 2017May 12, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- May 31, 2017Jun 14, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Jun 30, 2017Jul 17, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Jul 31, 2017Aug 15, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Aug 31, 2017Sep 15, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Sep 29, 2017Oct 16, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Oct 31, 2017Nov 14, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Nov 30, 2017Dec 14, 2017TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Dec 29, 2017Jan 15, 2018TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.05000
- Total TBDTBDTBDTBDTBD0.60000