This ETF provides high monthly distributions and the opportunity for capital gains through an investment in an actively managed portfolio of large cap global Technology companies selected by Brompton, complemented by a proprietary covered call program.
Our PM team first uses top-down analysis to identify attractive sub-sectors. Rigorous fundamental analysis focuses the portfolio on 15 to 20 global Technology companies which offer a combination of growth and value characteristics. The PMs then actively set the level of covered call writing (up to a maximum of 33%), with the goal of optimizing distributable cash and total returns.
Why Invest in Technology?
Tech sector is profitable, with minimal debt, and significant free cash flow
Under-represented sector in the Canadian equity market; global Technology equities provide diversification benefits
Long term trends are supportive of Technology equities
This ETF is for Investors who are:
Seeking stable monthly cash distributions.
Seeking opportunity for capital appreciation and lower overall volatility of portfolio returns than would otherwise be experienced by owning securities of technology companies directly.
Eligibility All registered and non-registered accounts
Risk Rating Medium
Brompton Funds, a division of Brompton Group which was founded in 2000, is an experienced investment fund manager with over $2 billion in assets under management. Brompton’s Portfolio Management team specializes in Canadian and global equity investments and is a leading manager of covered call writing strategies in Canada.
(1) The manager intends to limit certain expenses to 0.95% of NAV.
(2) Source: Thomson Reuters as at April 30, 2020. Reflects the weighted average ESG Score of the companies held in the portfolio. The ESG Score is an overall score of a company based on the reported information in the environmental, social and corporate governance pillars. Letter grades range from D- for the lowest ESG scores to A+ for the highest scores. See https://www.refinitiv.com/content/dam/marketing/en_us/documents/methodology/esg-scores-methodology.pdf for more information.
Market Data provided by TMX, and powered by QuoteMedia
Brompton Tech Leaders Income ETF
Summary of Investment Portfolio as at April 30, 2020
Total Net Asset Value$38,105,450.00
% of Portfolio
% of Net Asset Value
IHS Markit Ltd
ASML Holding NV
KLA - Tencor Corp.
Keysight Technologies Inc
Cash and short-term investments
1)The investment portfolio may change due to ongoing portfolio transactions of the investment fund. Quarterly updates are available on the Fund's website at www.bromptongroup.com within 60 days of each quarter end.
(2) Returns are for the periods ended May 31, 2020. The tables above show the past performance of the Fund. Past performance does not necessarily indicate how the Fund will perform in the future. The information shown is based on Net Asset Value per unit and assumes that distributions made by the Fund on its units in the period shown were reinvested at Net Asset Value per unit in additional units of the Fund. The tables above show the Fund’s year-by-year and compound returns for each period indicated compared with the S&P/TSX Composite Index (‘‘Composite Index’’), and the S&P 500 Equal Weight Information Technology Index (‘‘S&P Equal Weight Technology Index’’). The Composite Index tracks the performance, on a market weight basis, of a broad index of large-capitalization issuers listed on the TSX. The S&P Equal Weight Technology Index tracks the performance of information technology companies in the S&P 500 Index on an equal weight basis. The Fund invests on an equal weight basis in at least 15 technology companies. The indices have more diversified portfolios and it is therefore not expected that the Fund’s performance will mirror that of the indices. The indices are calculated without the deduction of management fees and fund expenses, whereas the performance of the Fund is calculated after deducting such fees and expenses.
The Fund has changed its technology benchmark from the S&P Information Technology Index to the S&P Equal Weight Technology Index. The S&P Equal Weight Technology Index tracks the performance of information technology companies included in the S&P 500 Index on an equal weight basis. The S&P Information Technology Index, a sub-index of the S&P 500 Index, tracks the performance of information technology companies on a market cap weighted basis. Since the Fund also invests on an equal weight basis the Manager believes that the S&P Equal Weight Technology Index provides a more comparable benchmark to assess relative performance of the Fund.
(3) Period from September 24, 2015 (commencement of operations) to May 31, 2020.
(4) Period from May 20, 2011 (inception) to December 31, 2011.
Returns for Brompton Tech Leaders Income ETF are unaudited.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with exchange-traded fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any securityholder that would have reduced returns. Exchange-traded funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Filter By Document Type:
The actual breakdown of distributions for tax purposes will be provided to unitholders annually in March. This information will also be posted on the website as soon as it is available.
This information is of a general nature only and does not constitute legal or tax advice to any particular investor. Accordingly, prospective investors are advised to consult their own tax advisors with respect to their individual circumstances.
Investors may elect to automatically reinvest their distributions in additional units of the Fund and realize the benefits of compound growth. Any units acquired pursuant to the distribution reinvestment program qualify for the service fee.
The following information is applicable to holders who, for the purposes of the Income Tax Act (Canada), are resident in Canada and hold trust units as capital property. If this is not the case, a tax advisor should be consulted.
Holders of trust units outside of a RRSP, DPSP, RRIF, RESP or TFSA should expect to receive a T3 slip from their investment dealer. T3 supplementary slips will indicate Investment Income in Box 26, Foreign Non-Business Income in Box 25, Capital Gains in Box 21 and Dividend Income in Box 23 and Box 49. Dividend income is subject to the standard gross up and federal dividend tax credit rules.
The return of capital component is a non-taxable amount that serves to reduce the adjusted cost base of the Fund units and is reported in Box 42.
Select a year
Return of Capital
Jun 30, 2020
Jul 15, 2020
May 29, 2020
Jun 12, 2020
Apr 30, 2020
May 14, 2020
Mar 31, 2020
Apr 15, 2020
Feb 28, 2020
Mar 13, 2020
Jan 31, 2020
Feb 14, 2020
Dec 31, 2019
Jan 15, 2020
Nov 29, 2019
Dec 13, 2019
Oct 31, 2019
Nov 14, 2019
Sep 30, 2019
Oct 15, 2019
Aug 30, 2019
Sep 16, 2019
News Releases From to Search
Ready to Buy?
Speak with your Investment Advisor or trade directly through your brokerage.
Discuss with your Investment Advisor
Share information on this product with your Investment Advisor to find out how it can fit into your portfolio
Trade through your online brokerage
You may purchase or trade this product directly through your online brokerage account. Select your brokerage below. If you do not see your brokerage listed below and would like to have it added, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org